Sunday, September 18, 2011

Reusable Bag Challenge Update

I feel like such as a failure! It is already the 18th of September and this is my FIRST update on my month long challenge to use only reusable bags. I'm so sorry for the lack of posts.

Luckily, I have not been a failure at ditching the plastic bags. I have been doing a really good job of remembering my reusable bags or skipping the bag altogether when I'm just getting a couple things. I've had a few cashiers seem annoyed with me, particularly on larger shopping trips where I am using multiple reusable bags. But overall, it has been a very positive experience.

And I have to admit to 3 APBIs (Accidental Plastic Bag Incidents).

One was at the party store very early in the month. I was in my husbands' car and didn't have any bags with me. And I was buying too much to carry. But this incident did make me throw a couple of the bags that scrunch up really small into my purse so I'm always prepared.

Second time was a Barnes & Noble. I wasn't even paying attention and was in my car before I realized the cashier had put my book in a plastic bag.

Last time was at Fred Meyer. I was juggling unloading my cart, my toddler, and my coupons and didn't get the bags to the cashier until she had already put one plastic bag of items in my cart.

Not too bad considering how rarely I was using my bags prior to this challenge. My main obstacle is still remembering to put the bags back in my car, but I'm working on it.

So how are you doing? Have you reduced your plastic bag use this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment