Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Albertson's Doubler Trip

Each week I get three Sunday newspapers. This is key to successful couponing, because many deals require more than one coupon to make the best deal.

But I don't get all three newspapers delivered to my house. I get one Sunday paper from the Seattle Times. The other two papers are the Everett Herald and are delivered to my friend, Kelly's house. We split an awesome deal set up by Amber at Coupon Connections to get a daily paper and 5 Sunday papers for $99 for 6 months. Kelly keeps 3 papers and brings me 2 to work on Tuesday (I have Mondays off). This works out great because the Seattle Times doesn't have a deal that even comes close to this price, but I live outside of the deliver area of the Everett Herald.

That was a long, roundabout way of explaining why I don't do my Albertson's shopping until Tuesday. When the Sunday paper has Albertson's doublers, I wait until I have them all to do my shopping. Sometimes I miss out on deals, but overall it is a good system.

Here's what I picked up this week.

Item
Regular Price
Sale Price
Coupon
I Paid
(6) Steamfresh Vegetables
$2.79
$1.00
(3) $1/2
(3) Doublers
FREE
(2) Glade Scented Oil Plug-In
$1.99

$1/1
(2) Doubler
FREE
(1) Better Oats Oatmeal
$1.29
$1.25
$0.55/1
Doubler
$0.15
(3) All Free and Clear
$5.99
$3.99
(3) $1/1
(3) Doubler
$1.99/each
(3) Purina Cat Food
$2.99
$2.69
(3) FREE coupons (3/13 SS insert)
FREE


= $6.12
-         $1 Catalina on Glade Plug-Ins

Total = $5.12 + tax
Saved 90%

More free cat food for our pet food drive at work!

I was really excited to find the Steamfresh Brown Rice included in the sale. I love having this on hand for a quick side dish.

I am currently obsesssed with these Better Oats. I got 4 boxes free a couple weeks ago at Safeway and have been eating them every morning. You can print a Buy One, Get One coupon here. Try them. Seriously. They are delicious.

1 comment:

  1. I love those Better Oats. They were 4 for $5 at QFC and I bought 10 yesterday. Not sure if the sale is still going. I wish they were in huge Costco sized packs.

    ReplyDelete