Saturday, March 5, 2011

Stockpile Shopping

Each week, I make two grocery lists. One is the list of things that I need for the coming week based on my planned menu and the second is a list of things that I see good deals on to add to my stockpile. As my stockpile grows, the first list gets smaller and smaller.

As I shared in my post earlier this week, a bunch of stores had great sales. My stockpile shopping this week involved 3 different stores on 3 different days. I know that this type of shopping doesn't work for everyone, but I only bought one thing at each store and was in and out in 5-10 minutes.


Stop #1: QFC

(6) Muir Glen Pasta Sauce (reg price. $4.49. Sale price 2/$5)
- (6) $0.75/1 Muir Glen product (http://www.coupons.com/)
= $10.50 or $1.75/each
Saved 61%

Stop #2: Bartell's

(12) S&W Beans (reg price $1.69. Sale price $0.69)
- (6) $0.50/2 S&W product (printable here)
= 5.28 or $0.44/each
Saved 74%

Stop #3: Fred Meyer

(12) Ronzoni Pasta (reg price $2.29. Sale price $1)
- (6) $1/2 Ronzoni products
= $6.00 or $0.50/each
Saved 79%

Total for everything pictured above = $21.78

Keep in mind that most printable coupons can be printed twice per computer. We have three computers in our household, so when I see a good coupon that I know I will use, I will print it twice from all three computers. If you don't have multiple computers, ask a friend to print them for you or watch your favorite coupon blogs for tips that the coupons have reset and can be printed again from the same computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment