Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Word About Toilet Paper and Baby Wipes

After several months of serious couponing, I have come to a realization about toilet paper and baby wipes. Basically, I have realized these are two items I am not willing to chase all over town and will continue to buy the Kirkland brand at Costco.

Baby wipes: I recently bought a box of Huggies wipes on Amazon. They were marginally cheaper than the Kirkland brand. But I love the smaller containers that come in each box of the Kirkland brand. They are easy to throw in the diaper bag. I usually use about 3/4 of a container at home and then once it is smaller rotate that one into the diaper bag. No separate containers needed.

Price: $18.99 for 900 wipes ($0.02/per wipe). There is often a $4 off coupon in the Costco mailer bring the price down to $0.017/per wipe).

Toilet Paper: On a recent trip to Target, I literally spent an hour calculating the per square price of various brands on toilet paper. I ended up paying more than I should have and wasted a lot of time. My time is too valuable to worry about paying a few extra cents per roll. I love that the Kirkland brand comes individually wrapped and the rolls are huge. When my current supply gets low, I'll be heading back to Costco for my toilet paper needs.

Price: $17.99 for 36 rolls ($0.50/per roll or $0.0094/per square foot or $0.0018/per square).

I know that I can get both of these items cheaper, but my time (and sanity) are worth more to me. I save a lot of money on other items and it's kind of freeing to realize I don't need to chase down every baby wipe or toilet paper deal that comes along.

No comments:

Post a Comment