Friday, May 20, 2011

How To Make a "Good" Deal a "Great" Deal

I took advantage of two good deals this week that I was able to turn into great deals with coupon “strategery”. These are great examples of how a little coupon knowledge can go a long way.



I love all things coconut so I have been dying to try this Coconut Body Scrub. Regular price is around $5. I have seen it for around $3, but even that seemed a little high. So when I saw it at Walgreen’s this week for $1 (after Register Reward), I decided to get it. But then I read this post on Coupon Connections about a big moneymaker on Gillette products and decided to combine those deals to get my body scrub for FREE. I didn’t have all the coupons needed for the scenario Amber gave on Coupon Connections, but I put together a deal that worked for me.

Good Deal:

Coconut Body Scrub 2/$6
Receive $4 RR when you buy 2
Final Price = $1/each

Great Deal:

(3) Gillette Body Wash (unadvertised B1G1 50 % off. $3 RR when you buy 3)
(2) Gillette Deodorant (B1G1 50% off)
(2) Coconut Body Scrub (2/$6)
- (3) $2/1 Gillette Body Wash (5/15 RedPlum insert)
- (2) FREE Gillette Deodorant when you buy Gillette Body Wash (5/1 P&G)
= $5.85
Received $3 RR on Gillette
Received $4 RR on Coconut Body Scrub
= $1.15 Profit


My stockpile of canned beans was really low (one can of black beans!), so I had been watching for a good deal. I am a bit of a bean snob and prefer either S&W or Bush's. I can get S&W at Costco for $0.68/can which is a decent price. But Top Foods had a sale this week on Bush's beans that I took advantage of.

Good Deal:

Bush's Canned Beans
15/$10 or $0.66/can

Great Deal:

Bush's Canned Beans (15/$10)
Bought 38 cans
= $25.33
- $5 off $25 purchase from the Chinook Book
= $20.33 or $0.54/can

For me, that is a great stock up price. I was able to get black, pinto, garbanzo, white, and cannelli beans. Sure 38 cans is a lot of beans, but most of them don't expire until 2014 so I know we will use them. And now I don't have to think about beans for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment