Friday, June 3, 2011

Albertson's Instant Savings Promotion

Albertson's is having an Instant Savings promotion this week (through 6/7) that offers some great deals, even without double coupons. You will receive $5 off when you purchase 10 participating products. Here's what I picked up.


Item
Regular Price
Sale Price
Coupon
I Paid
(6) Garden Delight Pasta
$2.49
$1.25
(6) $1/1
$0.25/each
(2) La Victoria Enchilada Sauce
$2.99
$1.99
$1/2
$1.49/each
(2) Wishbone Dressing
$3.49
$1.49
(2) $0.50/1
$0.99


-           $5 off instant savings
= $1.46
Saved 95%



I was glad I still had my Garden Delight coupons. I was planning on using them at Albertson's two weeks ago when Garden Delights was on sale 10/$10 to get them for FREE. But my Albertson's was out. I could have used them last week to get it for FREE again, but I would have had to use a double coupon (priced at $1.79).

By hanging on to them, I was able to get the pasta for FREE plus use $0.25 overage per coupon towards my order. Although Albertson's does not allow overage on coupons, in this case it was totally legitimate. The price of the pasta was $1.25. The $5 instant savings promotion is like receiving $0.50 off per item, bringing the price of the pasta down to $0.75. But because the instant savings is off of your whole order and not subtracted per item, the price of the pasta still exceeded the coupon so it did not have to be adjusted down. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment