Friday, June 3, 2011

My Handy Husband

Remember when I picked up the Topsy Turvy tomato planters at Fred Meyer a couple weeks ago?

Well, this week I made it to the farmer's market to get a couple tomato plants. As I was reading the instructions for the planters, I realized that tomatos need A LOT of sun. Our house is oddly situated and there isn't a spot close to the house that gets all day sun. They also need A LOT of water so they needed to be somewhere that I could easily access them.

I wasn't sure where we were going to put these to get the best results. Luckily, I married a very handy man. He set to work and about a half hour later, I had a custom build tomoto planter holder! They will get tons of sun here and be very easy to water.

My total investment for this project is $23.98. $15.98 for the planters and soil and $8 for the plants. I am going to keep (rough) track of how many tomatos this little adventure yields and I'll update throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment