Monday, April 4, 2011

Donation #2 + How You Can Help

My donation bin was full so it was time for a trip to The ShareHouse to make a donation.

The ShareHouse helps families moving from homelessness to permananet housing. Families come to The Sharehouse to "shop" for everything you need to start a household. The Sharehouse provides furniture, kitchen supplies, cleaning supplies, and hygiene products free of charge to these families.  In addition to accepting donations of household items, The Sharehouse is also in need of financial donations to support their mission. Please visit their website for more information on their work and to make a donation.

The total value of my donation today was $215! And I got it all for FREE! Between this donation, my first donation to The ShareHouse, my donation of baby items, and a donation to our food and pet food drives at work, I have already donated over $500 in products this year.

I absolutely love this aspect of couponing, which is why I was so excited to read about an upcoming event called Couponing for Community. From May 8th-14th, use your coupon skills to put together a donation for your local food bank or other non-profit. Check out the Couponing for Community Facebook page and start clipping those coupons. To make it even easier to donate, May 14th is Stamp Out Hunger Day. Just leave your donation at your mailbox and your mail carrier will pick it up. Doesn't get any easier than that. I'll be participating....how about you?


Thanks so much to Heather at Because More is More for the information about this great event.

No comments:

Post a Comment