Sunday, January 9, 2011

Adventures in Couponing

A couple months ago, I finished grad school and decided I needed a new hobby. In preparation for my upcoming student loan bills, I started taking a hard look at our budget and looking for places to cut back. The biggest thing that jumped out at me was our Costco, grocery store, and drug store bills. I just knew we could do better on those.

I started reading some couponing blogs (I'll list my favorites in another post) and started building my coupon stash. Let me tell you, this can get addicting fast.

Today, I scored my best couponing trip to date (also another upcoming post) and decided I needed to start blogging about this. Although my husband appreciates my money saving ways, he tends to just roll his eyes when I come in all giddy about my latest find. So, I hope by starting this blog I can satisfy my own need for boasting about my finds and help others learn to do the same.

A little about me before we get too much farther.

I am 32 years old. Married with a 1 1/2 year old son. I work full-time and just finished my master's degree. I have a job that is very condusive to couponing, because I spend about half my day on the road and am able to easy pop into various stores. I love spending time with my little guy (and my big guy), reading, learning how to use my DSLR camera, and spending time with my IRL (in real life) friends and my FIF (freaky internet friends).

Next up, my couponing rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment