Sunday, January 23, 2011

My $25 Challenge

For my recent graduate school graduation, my uber-talented cousin, Jerome and his equally fabulous girlfriend, Mia gave me a $25 VISA gift card. Jerome joked that he wanted to see if I could turn the $25 gift card into $500 worth of merchandise. Well, I'm not sure I can do that....but I'm going to try.

I am going to use the VISA card each week for my Rite-Aid shopping trips and see how far I can make it go. Obviously, I'll post the details here for you to follow along.

This was a pretty light week for Rite-Aid deals, but I wanted to check the prices on a couple items and I had a +UP reward that was expiring this week, so I decided to run in for some FREE lightbulbs they were offering.


(3) 4-pack of GE Light bulbs (Regular Price $3.99. Sale Price $1.99 + $1.99 +UP reward)
(1) Christmas bag (Regular Price $2.99. Sale Price $0.29)

Used $6 +UP rewards
Received $5.97 in +UP rewards

OOP = $0.26 + $0.59 tax = $0.85

The Christmas bag was just a filler because the light bulbs were going to equal less than the $6 I needed to use my +UP rewards.

$25 Challenge

Total Spent This Trip
Remaining on Gift Card
Overall Total Spent
Value of Items Purchased
$0.85
$24.15
$0.85
$15.55


I have purchased:

(3) 4-pack of GE Light bulbs
(1) Christmas bag

1 comment:

  1. These Rite Aid rewards confuse me. Maybe it would help if I ever went there?

    ReplyDelete