Thursday, January 27, 2011

Recent Trip: Target


I headed to Target with a bunch of the match-up coupons that I posted about earlier this week. I spent about a half hour putting together my list and clipping the coupons. I didn't have time to wander around Target, so I was in and out in 20 minutes. Not bad for less than an hour of my time.

Item
Regular Price
Sale Price
Coupon
I Paid
Finish Dishwasher Tabs X 2
$3.79/each

(2) $1.50/1 Target coupon
(2) $2.25/1
$0.04/each
Healthy Choice Frozen Meals X 12
$1.79/each
$1.69 + B4G1
(2) B3G1 Target coupon
(2) B5G1
$0.85/each
GE Light bulbs X 2
$2.69/each
$2.00
(2) $1/1 Target coupon
(2) $1.50/1
FREE + $1 overage
Up&Up Apricot Scrub X 2
$2.24/each

(2) $0.50/1 Target coupon
$1.74/each
Rimmel Mascara
$3.14/each

$2/1 Target coupon
$2/1
FREE + $0.86 overage

Total Regular Price = $42.06
I Paid = $11.90 + tax = $12.69

Total savings was 70%! Not quite as good as my recent 80% savings, but still pretty darn good.

I had a really hard time wrapping my head around combining all the B1G1 deals on the Healthy Choice meals. Basically, it worked out to getting 6 for the price of 3. Luckily, the register at Target didn't have as hard a time with it as I did because I don't think I could have explained to the cashier how it was suppose to work.

Sometimes Target won't let you receive an overage on a coupon. You can still get the item for free, but you won't get the balance applied to your order. This varies from store to store. I have never had a problem at my Target, but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Anybody find any good deals at Target this week? Or stack any of the coupons I posted about?



2 comments:

  1. I'm interested in this Healthy Choice thing but I didn't see it listed in your Target match-up post. I'm assuming there's a manufacturers coupon out there too? Is it online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond, Christie. The Healthy Choice coupon was from the SmartSource insert a couple weeks ago. I didn't include it in my Target match-ups because I figured it was unlikely most people were still hanging on to it. I'm going to try and post where the coupons I use are from on my upcoming posts so you can snag the same deals. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete