Saturday, January 22, 2011

Prepping for my Rite-Aid Trip


A lot of people have asked me how much time I spend cutting coupons and finding deals. If you ask my husband, he would say TOO LONG! But in my opinion, it doesn't take up that much of my time. Mainly, I let other people do all the work and just reap the benenfits.

Here is how I get prepared for my weekly trip to Rite-Aid.

There are some amazing bloggers out there who put together coupon match-up lists every week based on the Sunday ad paper. My favorite is This Beautiful Frugal Life. Each Friday, she posts the highlights from the upcoming Rite-Aid along with relevant coupon information. I start making my list here. I look for items that we need, free items for my donate bin, or items that will be moneymakers.

Next, I grab my coupons and clip the ones I might need. I'll do an upcoming post on how I organize my coupons, but basically I don't clip them until I need them.

Next stop is the coupon database at Coupon Mom. Using the database, I type in anything on my list that I don't have a coupon for yet just to make sure their isn't one out there.

Last step before heading out on Sunday morning (my usual Rite-Aid shopping day) is to comb through the ad paper myself. This Beautiful Frugal Life and other bloggers do a great job of posting the highlights, but I always want to make sure their isn't a specific item that we use or need on sale.

Check back tomorrow for the highlights from my Rite-Aid trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment