Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stacking Coupons

My friend, Carmen, recently asked me how stacking coupons works. I thought I would write up the answer in a blog post in case anyone else had the same question.

You can only use one manufacturer coupon per item. But most stores will let you stack a manufacturer's coupon with a store coupon.

The trifecta is stacking a store sale with a store coupon and a manufacturers coupon. Here's an example from my recent trip to Target.

Garnier Cleansing Towels
Regular price $4.74
Sale price $4.24

I bought 2 and used the following coupons:

(2) $2/1 Target web coupon (store coupon)
(1) $2/1 manufacturers coupon
(1) $1/1 manufacturers coupon

Final price = $1.48

Some stores will allow you to use a BOGO manufacturer's coupon on a BOGO store sale in order to get both items for free. I did this on a recent trip to Rite-Aid.

Special K Cereal
Regular price $4.99
Sale price BOGO

+ BOGO manufacturer's coupon

Final price = $0 for 2 boxes

Frugal Living NW recently did a post on coupon stacking that has a great list of where to find store coupons.

What other questions or topics would you like me to cover?

No comments:

Post a Comment