Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The Importance of Checking Your Receipt

I know I just did a post on this topic, but I cannot stress enough the importance of checking your receipts.

I was working on getting a post up about a recent trip to Target. As I was looking at my receipt, I realized that I was overcharged by over $5. There are 5 coupons that show up on my receipt as scanned but were not deducted from my total and 2 products that I was charged from than the price on the shelf.

I had actually asked the checker about some of the coupons that were scanning as $0. She told me it was because they were store coupons and would be taken off automatically. Of course, these were the coupons that didn't deduct.

This is third time this has happened to me in the past couple weeks (twice at Safeway and once at Target). It is so frustrating, especially when I don't realize it until after I get home. $5 is a good chunk of change and represents over 10% of my total. So back to Target I go tomorrow.

It makes me sick to think about how much I overpaid in the past before I was so diligent about checking my receipts and coupons.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you on this. Last week at Rite Aid a new cashier rang me up and there were few mistakes but i didn't realize until I got home because of my screaming kid. Then I went back to get it fixed and no managers were available. I was told to come back again. It will be my third time going tomorrow but hopefully I'll get my $8 back and shop this week's deals.

    ReplyDelete