Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Recent Trip: Rite-Aid

Sorry for the brief hiatus. My husband and I went to San Francisco for a little getaway over the weekend and I'm just getting caught up.

Rite-Aid had some great deals this week, so I headed in for a few things to replenish my +UP rewards. I have to be honest, I was a little bothered by this week's shopping trip. I bought 6 items, but will only keep 2 of them. The other four will be donated, but I was feeling like they weren't great "donatable" items. I'm sure someone will use them, but something about it just struck me. I wasn't feeling guilty, just a little strange about the fact that Rite-Aid paid me $16 to take 6 items out of their store. That probably doesn't make much sense, but there is my random deep thought for the week.


 
Item
Regular Price
Sale Price
Coupon
I Paid
+UP Rewards Received
(2) Colgate Advanced Toothpaste
$3.69
$2.99
(2) $1/1 coupon
$1.99/each
$2.00/each
(2) Viactiv Calcium Chews
$8.99
$6.99
(2) $3/1 coupon
$3.99/each
$3.00/each
(2) Coricidin Flu Tablets
$6.99
$5.99
(2) $2/1 coupon
$5.98
$4.00/each

Total = $17.94
-         $5.97 +UP Rewards
-         $3.00 Rite-Aid Rebate Check

OOP = $8.97 + tax = $12.00

Received:

$18 in +UP Rewards
+
$10 in +UP Rewards for purchasing $30 in participating products.

Total = $16.00 profit


Total Spent This Trip
Remaining on Gift Card
Overall Total Spent
Value of Items Purchased
$12.00
$12.15
$12.85
$54.89

I have purchased:

(3) 4-pack of GE Light bulbs
(1) Christmas bag
(2) Colgate Advanced Toothpaste
(2) Viactiv Calcium Chews
(2) Coricidin Flu Tablets

I spent quite a bit of the gift card this week, but with $28 in +UP Rewards to spend I should be able to get quite a bit in the next couple weeks without using the gift card for anything except tax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment