Saturday, February 26, 2011

Welcome Coupon Newbies

I had a chance this weekend to teach my first couponing class. Even though I am still a newbie at this myself, I have learned a lot over the past several months and loved the opportunity to share this information with others. If you are interested in hosting a couponing class for a group of friends, church group, mom's group, etc, please send me an e-mail at erink0712 (at) gmail (dot) com.

I shared a lot of information in my class, but so many of the resources I use are online. I figured it would be easiest to have a post with all my favorite links to help people locate the sites we talked about. If I missed anything or you have questions, please leave a comment.

Lesson #1: Getting Started

There are several great tutorials for getting started in the world of couponing. Two of my favorites are The Coupon Project and Krazy Coupon Lady. Both of these sites offer a series of lessons on the basics of couponing.

Lesson #2: Where to Find Coupons

Coupons.com
Smartsource Coupons
RedPlum Coupons
Target Coupons

Coupon Mom Coupon Database

What is a Catalina?

Lesson #3: Organizing Your Coupons

Here is a link to my post on this topic.

Lesson #4: Making Your Shopping List

The key to successful couponing for me is letting someone else do most of the work for me. There are awesome blogs out there that post weekly coupon match-ups for grocery and drug stores. I use these blogs to help make my shopping lists and pull the right coupons. Here are some of the ones I like.

Rite-Aid: This Beautiful Frugal Life
Walgreens: Because More is More
Target: Totally Target
Fred Meyer: Frugal Chic Living
Safeway: Coupon Connections
Albertsons: The Coupon Project
QFC: Queen Bee Coupons
Top Foods: Coupon Connections

Lesson #5: At the Store

Stacking Coupons
     Part 1
     Part 2
Multiple Transactions

Lesson #6: Other Resources

Amazon Mom: Sign up to get the best deals on diapers
Ebates: Earn cash back on online purchases. (Link to my post on Ebates)
Swagbucks: Earn points to turn into Amazon gift cards (or other prizes) just by using the search engine. (Link to my post on Swagbucks).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the blog link love! You're doing awesome with your blog, btw. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete