Sunday, February 6, 2011

Organizing My Stockpile

I am lucky to have a storage room with lots of additional space to store my growing stockpile. This area also houses our laundry room and an extra refrigerator/freezer. I haven't done a good cleaning/organizing out there since summer and it was out of control. I finally had a chance to get it organized this weekend and it looks great. I meant to take some before pictures, but honestly it was really embarrassing. Just imagine everything you see piled on the floor. That should give you an idea of what it looked it before.


View from the house. The fridge is off to the left. Off to the right is a door out to the greenhouse (aka yard crap room).


Toiletries on the top shelf. Then two shelves of canned goods and beverages.
 

Paper goods. Hope there is a good sale on toilet paper soon.


Same shelf. Different view.


Across from the shelving are old kitchen cabinets. My cleaning supplies are stored in one cupboard. The rest have a variety of tools, camping gear, and enough serving platters to start a catering company.

I love having this area cleaned up. It is so nice to be able to see what I have and know at a glance what I need to start looking for deals on. The only downside of this storage area is that we sometimes get little "visitors". So this a canned good only storage area. Anything that the "visitors" could get into has to be stored in the pantry in the house. I'll take some exciting pictures of my pantry for an upcoming post.

No comments:

Post a Comment