Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Weekly Shopping Trip

You are probably beginning to think that my family lives on Coffee-Mate and cold medicine. So I thought I would give you the run down on what I purchased on my weekly trips to the produce stand and Safeway. I tend to do my bigger grocery shopping trip at Safeway and then fill in with deals from Albertson's and Fred Meyer. We buy chicken breasts from Costco and just stocked up on all-natural beef (ground beef, ribs, roasts, etc.) from an online company. As a side note, I would really like to buy a 1/4 of a cow but I think I need a chest freezer first.

Produce Stand

Fuji Apples (Organic)
Bananas
Grapes
Roma Tomatoes (Organic)
Yukon Gold Potatoes
Green Leaf Lettuce
2 bags baby carrots (Organic)
Cauliflower
Garlic
Green Onions

Total = $15.53

Safeway

(2) 4-packs of sparkling water
(1) jar of pickles
(2) boxes no boil lasanga noodles
(2) boxes gallon size Ziploc bags
(4) bags frozen vegetables
(2) packages of string cheese
(1) container of spreadable butter
(1) gallon organic whole milk
(1) 1/2 gallon organic 1% milk
(4) jars of Skippy Natural peanut butter

Total = $38.15

I saved 39%, which I think is pretty good for a shopping trip of items we needed. The peanut butter worked out to be $.49 a jar after stacking a store coupon and a manufacturer's coupon. The Ziplocs had stackable coupons as well and ended up being cheaper than Costco.

I started this post yesterday and ran by Albertson's today to use some of my double coupons.

Albertson's

(10) 32oz bottles Gatorade
(2) 1lb packages of ground turkey
(2) containers of hummus
(4) Avocados
(1) container ricotta cheese

Total = $19.83

I saved 57%. The hummus was free with my double coupons. The Gatorade was cheaper than Costco, where we usually buy it. The ricotta wasn't on sale but I needed it for dinner tonight. I was able to double a $.50/1 coupon for it to bring the price down a bit.

Total for the Week = $73.51

A lot of what I bought this week was stock up items. But between what was in my freezer and pantry and these trips, I should have dinner covered through next week.

2 comments:

  1. What online company are you buying your meat from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ordered from Baron Farms (www.baronfarms.com). They are located in Wapato. They also have pork and chicken. I just noticed that they sell 1/8 cows, so I think we might reserve one for May. I think we have the freezer space for that.

    ReplyDelete